Since the 2012 announcement and enactment of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program for deportation relief, Hope has been helping young people gather and organize required documents and complete their applications for Deferred Action.
The immigration department at Hope CommUnity Center offers occasional “clinics” during which we offer help with the DACA application; please follow us on Facebook or sign up on our home page to receive updates by e-mail to find out when we will hold the next clinic.
GETTING READY TO APPLY FOR DACA:
Start collecting the necessary documents to prove:
- Birth certificate translated into English
- Passport or Consular ID (Matricula Consular)
- School ID card
Arrival in the U.S. before age 16
- Passport with admission stamp
- Form I- 94/I-95/I-94W
- School records, including Student Profile Detail
- Medical records, including immunizations
Having lived in the U.S. since June 15, 2007 or January 1, 2010, depending on your case
- Rent receipts, lease documents, real estate title, mortgage documents
- Employment and medical records
- Official school records or certificates
- Official records from a religious entity confirming your participation in a religious ceremony or from a community organization confirming participation.
- Insurance policies
- Tax return
- Receipts from banks accounts, credit cards, money orders, other remittances.
- Bills or receipts for lights, water, telephone, club membership, etc.
- Certificates of marriage or of birth of children born in the U.S.
Student status at the time of application
- High school diploma or Certificate of Completion
- GED Certificate
Application Fee: The current cost for application for work authorization is $465. (There may be other expenses.)
Note: To submit your application for DACA, you must be at least 15 years old at the time of application.
For more information, contact Beth at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 407-880-4673, ext. 226 or 238
Note: Immigration and Citizenship programs are located at Hope CommUnity Center on Hawthorne at
800 S. Hawthorne Avenue Apopka, FL 32703