On September 5, 2017 President Trump announced that the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program would be phased out over two and a half years. This means that, as of September 5, 2017:
· All pending INITIAL and RENEWAL DACA applications ACCEPTED as of September 5, 2017, will be processed.
· New Initial DACA requests will no longer be processed and should not be filed.
· Approved DACA requests and corresponding work permits will remain valid until they expire, unless otherwise revoked or ended by DHS.
· Renewal DACA requests may be filed only for recipients whose DACA will expire between Sept 5, 2017 and March 5, 2018. DACA renewal requests for these specific DACA recipients must be RECEIVED by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, or USCIS, by Oct. 5, 2017.
· DACA beneficiaries whose work authorization expires after March 5, 2018, will not have the opportunity to renew it.
· DHS will not cancel previously approved advance parole documents (permission to leave the U.S. for a short time) that were given to DACA recipients based solely on the Sept. 5, 2017 DACA announcement.
· USCIS will close pending advance parole requests for DACA recipients and refund fees.
· Advance parole to travel abroad is no longer available for any DACA beneficiaries.
In the meantime, you should explore what other legal immigration options may be available to you and get to know your rights if you are stopped or questioned by ICE and practice exercising those rights. All the times, carry your Know Your Rights card to exercise your right to remain silence and see a lawyer.
PROTECT YOURSELF FROM FRAUD
Consult an immigration attorney or DOJ Accredited Representative, NEVER take advice from a notary or paralegal
**Hope CommUnity Center DACA Renewal Clinic**
If you are in need of assistance renewing your DACA, make an appointment with us by clicking here! HCC’s DACA Renewal Clinic will be taking place on Saturday September 23, 2017 from 1PM to 5PM.
We can help you organize and submit your renewal application.
Special notice for allies and supporters of DACA students: Each DACA renewal costs $495 for the applicant. If you are interested in supporting part or all of this cost for a DACA student in need, please call or email HCC’s Director of Donor Relations, Teresa Young at 407-880-4673 ext 227, email@example.com for more details.