Director, Finance and Administration
Hope CommUnity Center (HCC) is a service learning community dedicated to the empowerment of Central Florida’s immigrant and working poor communities through Education, Advocacy and Spiritual Growth. We exist to serve and cultivate self-determined communities through personal, social and communal transformation. Committed to an approach that brings people together in service and learning, the core mission of HCC is building the beloved community. Our vision is to be the premier center of hope and empowerment for Central Florida’s immigrant and working poor communities.
Summary/Objective: Director of Finance and Administration
Hope CommUnity Center is searching for a Full time Director of Finance and Administration. The Director should have the skills and experience to provide direction for all activities related to administration, human resources, office management, development and facilities asset management. The Director is responsible for development and implementation of annual budgets, cash flow, creation of program budgets, financial projections and reporting: policies and procedures, and goals in each of these areas. The Director reports to HCC’s Board of Director and works closely with the Leadership Team, Board Treasurer, Development Director, and others to ensure that his or her responsibilities are effectively and consistently delivered.
- Develops and monitors annual organization and program budgets and maintains cash flow
- Projects financial sustainability analysis (three year projection) and monitors those projections
- Seeks Leadership Team and Board of Directors approval of program budgets prior to distributing program budgets to Program Directors
- Responsible for account payables and receivables
- Monitors bank account and investments and keeps the Board and Leadership Team informed
- Maintains ongoing communications with the Board Treasurer
- Provides status of HCC’s financial condition by providing ongoing update to the Leadership Team and Board of Directors
- Provides financial information for annual reports and other financial reports
- Helps prepare grant financial reports
- Oversees the completion of the Financial Audit, Form 990, quarterly UTC6, Annual Report and 941 forms
- Strives to improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Liaison to HCC’s outsourced CPA
- Oversees the implementation of the Payroll Function
- Coordinates with the Development Director on fundraising activities
- Works closely with the Leadership Team on all hiring decisions and job descriptions
- Maintains HR files
- Oversees all employee benefit programs and regulations, training materials and procedures in collaboration with the Diocese of Orlando, and attends meetings such as Diocesan Business Manager meetings.
- Develops consistent and fair HCC policies that comply with all federal and state regulations and that reflect HCC’s management philosophy and culture.
- Oversees office policies and supervises part time bookkeeper
- Supervises Development Director
- Updates Human Resources policies and procedures
Other Job Functions:
- Support annual and extraordinary HCC events (Toy sale, Thanksgiving dinner, anniversary celebrations, etc.)
Financial management; Strategic thinking; Collaboration Skills; Communication Proficiency; Human Resources Capacity; Organizational Skills; Performance Management; Technical Capacity, Collaborative in multicultural environment, development/fundraising experience.
- Bachelor’s degree plus at least three years work experience in related field
- Attention to detail while working in a fast-paced environment
- Passion for social, racial, gender, worker justice and HCC’s mission and vision
- Experience in nonprofit management a plus
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, database management and Quickbooks
- Strong written and oral communication skills with excellent interpersonal skills
- Preferred Bilingual
HCC seeks a person with:
- Love and passion for social justice
- Progressive approach to socio/political context and Catholic social teaching
- Comfort working in a faith-based organization
- Credibility, ethical conduct and a capacity for discretion
- Pastoral approach towards the undocumented immigrant community
- Ability to develop a collegial working relationship with the Diocese of Orlando
- Strategic thinking
- Ability to actively and effectively function in a collegial work environment where mutual respect, logical thinking and flexibility allow program goals to be met while, at the same time, addressing unexpected challenges and opportunities
- Sense of humor and positive disposition
Hope CommUnity Center offers a supportive and collaborative work environment and a generous salary and benefits package.
How to apply:
Submit cover letter and resume to Reca Fernandez at email@example.com In your submission materials, include number of years and level of experience in finance, educational/professional achievements, and salary requirements. Please also submit as well a written statement – 1 to 2 pages – describing your personal vision, experience and commitment to social justice and the poor.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.