The Accounting Manager is responsible for all aspects of accounting, budgeting, payroll, and reporting for HCC. The Accounting Manager works with the Director of Program Development in creating budgets and budget narratives for grant proposals as well as any required financial reporting. The Accounting Manager also works with Program Directors to develop program budgets and with the Executive Director to develop the overall organizational budget.
Essential Job Functions
- Full cycle accounting for organization including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Reconciliations.
- Create budgets and budget narratives for grant proposals with Director of Program Development
- Create and review budgets with Program Directors
- Create and review organizational budget with Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Create monthly financial statements for presentation to Board of Directors
- Process payroll on a biweekly basis including tax and employee investment account payments. Create and submit quarterly payroll reports and annual W2s.
- Coordinate and prepare annual audit and tax return with outside CPA firm.
- Communicate with vendors and customers on any past due bills or invoices.
- Monitor, project and report on cash flow and cash flow needs
- Be main point of contact at Park Avenue Building for building and administrative needs. Coordinate with Office Manager to fulfill building and administrative needs.
- Attend HCC events as you are able
- Attend Hope CommUnity Center staff meetings and staff trainings
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- English/Spanish bilingual a plus
- Well-developed organizational skills
- Confidence with technology (Office 365, QuickBooks desktop)
- Have a deep passion and commitment to HCC’s mission
- Must have the ability to speak appropriately about finance and accounting related issues
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance or 5+ years’ experience in similar position preferred
Other Skills/ Abilities
Good listening skills
Communicates with others effectively, in person and in writing
Collaborative and works well with a Team
Organized and dependable
Openness to multi-cultural experiences
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line, "HR Generalist - Your Name".