Diversity is a core value at Hope CommUnity Center. We are passionate about building and sustaining a diverse, equitable, and inclusive working and learning environment for all staff, Board, community members, and volunteers.
We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver creative solutions. Our goal is not only to improve the diversity, equity, and inclusion at Hope CommUnity Center but to advance equity and justice on a global scale.
The Citizenship Outreach and Support Coordinator work with Hope CommUnity Center’s Immigration/Citizenship Program, supporting the immigrant community by providing education about the Citizenship and Immigration Programs. They will also work with other community-based organizations, churches, local service providers, colleges, and universities providing education and awareness about opportunities offered at HCC.
- Assist with outreach for the Citizenship Program to help recruit students and volunteers.
- Build partnerships and alliances with other organizations, churches, consulates, colleges, high schools, and individuals focused on Citizenship.
- Develop a supportive relationship with participants of HCC’s community to make them aware of Citizenship classes and the naturalization process and promote leadership among program participants.
- Assist with the organization and implementation of Citizenship classes.
- Collaborate with and provide backup support as needed to the Citizenship.
- Assist in teaching Citizenship classes and interviews and practice.
- Develop lesson plans and activities for Citizenship classes.
- Deliver educational presentations to community members, organizations, and churches to increase awareness and support surrounding our partner's mission, Citizenship, and Immigration Services.
- Set up and attend local events regularly to spread our partner's mission, Citizenship, and Immigration Services and build lasting relationships with community members.
- Work with the Citizenship Program Manager and the Director of Immigration to promote and support events and maintain updated information on the organization’s website.
- Maintain an accurate database and reporting system of outreach efforts.
- Coordinate regularly with Citizenship Program Manager to define work
- Attend HCC staff, staff development, Immigration Department, training, and other meetings including meetings to represent/present on HCC.
- Other tasks as needed and assigned.
Qualifications and Skills required
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) – Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong relational skills and cross-cultural understanding and sensitivity.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task ad manage time effectively, detail-oriented, and self-directed.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel and Word.
- Strong organization ad time-management skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Strong team player
- Commitment to building community
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- 1-year experience in a similar position preferred
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Lynn Devanie, at 407-880-4673, ext 222