Hope CommUnity Center is seeking to hire a Director of Communications and Media who will lead all communication efforts and boost branding and messaging awareness efforts by collaborating with program directors on media relations, social media, graphic design, photography, and videography. Increase awareness of the issues of racial justice, immigration, and socio-economic disparities by working closely with programs and community members to document and spread awareness of their stories.
- Must be bilingual in Spanish and English with written and verbal proficiency.
- Develop and implement marketing and communications strategies designed to support organizational priorities and increase visibility of services, events, and mission to the community.
- Attend meetings and events in collaboration with program directors to highlight successes, promote events, and raise awareness of what we collectively do as an organization.
- Work with Director of Donor Relations to design and release the materials and media necessary to create relationships with donors, recruit new donors, coordinate fundraising events, and establish our brand and mission throughout the Central Florida community.
- Lead and implement all media production efforts- videography, photography, graphic design, flier creation, etc.
- Envision, create, and manage social media publications
- Help HCC to unify and create cohesiveness between the internal and external communications to deliver a more powerful, consistent brand message that both their
employees and community can embrace.
- Build media relations by identifying and cultivating opportunities to build media awareness of organizational initiatives.
- Develop and proactively distribute press releases and other related materials and serve as the liaison for media requests. Track and evaluate organization coverage in print, radio, and television media.
- Social Media Platforms: Manage and oversee social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Review social media analytics
and adjust strategies as needed in order to increase engagement.
- This person may supervise Digital volunteers and other communications support persons.
- Maintain and build media contact lists.
- Website publishing and maintenance.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Proficient in photography and videography using a DSLR camera
- Proficient in video editing software like Adobe Premiere
- 3+ years’ experience in a communication, journalism, media production, or related field
- Proficient in digital graphic design and printed graphic design using Adobe Creative Cloud
- Excellent writing skills and storytelling abilities
- Have a deep passion and commitment to HCC’s mission.
- Demonstrate flexibility and leadership skills for teambuilding
- Social Media Management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Other Skills / Abilities
- Technically minded
- Good listening skills
- Communicates with others effectively, in person and in writing
- Collaborative and works well with a Team
- Organized, dependable and creative
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line, "Director, Communications and Media - Your Name"