Hope CommUnity Center is seeking to hire a Director of Donor Relations who will work collaboratively with the organization’s staff, board, community advocates, prospective supporters/advocates, and leaders, and community organizations to ensure the achievement of Hope CommUnity Center’s mission through the successful implementation of our programs, development initiatives, and strategic plans. The ideal candidate will bring a visionary approach to organizational and resource development. The individual will be resourceful, highly organized, a team builder, a critical and analytical thinker, self-reflective and self-aware, and open to growth and learning. They will be committed to working with people from diverse ethnic, racial, economic, educational, and vocational backgrounds as well as with people from teenage years to adults of all ages.
Position Overview This position requires: (a) effective leadership in a collaborative setting; (b) donor development experience in the areas of annual, major gift and planned giving; (c) the capacity to develop and implement significant fundraising events (both virtually and in-person); (d) comfort with virtual events and ease with social media; and (e) excellent written and verbal communication.
- Implement, in collaboration with the Executive Director and HCC administration and staff, a 3-year development (fundraising) plan that focuses on fundraising events/endeavors, cultivating private donors
- Collaborate with the HCC administration and staff to continue to review HCC’s overall direction and purpose, especially as it relates to current and future financial opportunities
- Attend events, conferences, and other appropriate venues so as to be actively involved in community relations and outreach, particularly as it relates to development and fundraising for HCC
- Prepare accurate monthly reports for the HCC Board of Directors, and Collaborate in overseeing audit, 990, and other financial reports
- Collaborate with Grants manager to identify funding opportunities and occasionally assist in grant applications
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required with emphasis in financial management, non-profit management, resource development, and/or social sciences.
- A minimum of three years experience in nonprofit fundraising and a proven track record of achieving contributed income targets/goals
- A minimum of five years’ experience in a leadership capacity within an organization is a plus
- Experience with donor base software or expertise in Excel
- Experience with the Benevon model of fundraising a plus.
- Experience in development and fundraising especially through annual campaign, major gifts, and planned giving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate HCC’s story and its value in this community
- Effective networking skills and relationships in Central Florida and/or other social justice communities
- Extensive knowledge of development trends and strategies
- Extensive experience employing strategic and creative thinking skills
- Ability and experience providing for training with staff in areas related to development
- Ability to accept and create positive change while coping with adversity
- Working knowledge/commitment to social justice issues including immigration reform and racial equity
- Computer literate with knowledge and use of social media. Ability and desire to operate within the vision, mission, and values of HCC
- Collaborative approach to working with partners, donors, peers, staff, and other stakeholders • Understanding the importance of stewardship and donor acknowledgment.
- Sense of humor and a positive disposition.
- Bilingual (English / Spanish) helpful
- Function actively and effectively in a collegial work environment where mutual respect, logical thinking, and structured flexibility allow program goals to be met while addressing unexpected challenges and opportunities.
- Comfortable working with all social strata, races, and ethnicities.
Hope CommUnity Center’s website is www.hcc-offm.org. Please refer to this website for more information about the organization. Please send resume and cover letter to [email protected].