Are you an experienced and passionate leader that is committed to the values of service education, advocacy, and personal/societal transformation? Do you have a collaborative style of leadership which respects and seeks the consultation and participation of the people in the community? Are you a people-oriented person who enjoys “conducting’ an “orchestra” of talented and professional individuals who work in a faith-based spirit? Have you had experience with advocating for change, community organizing and working with popular educations models? Do you have the management skills to help us establish systems of communication and planning, setting the vision, and being accountable for the future longevity of our organization? If so, come join us at the Hope CommUnity Center in the role of Executive Director and be a part of our future!
Hope CommUnity Center, a 48-year-old faith-based organization, dedicated to meeting the needs of the underserved immigrant and low-income families and youth is seeking a like-minded Executive Director who will collaboratively continue the organization’s mission and vision. The candidate must have exemplary skills in strategic and financial planning, public relations, team building, community outreach, fundraising, and leadership. The ideal candidate has the ability to see the big picture while maintaining detailed respect for all aspects of Hope’s mission. Creativity, compassion, fearless communication, dedication to the marginalized, commitment to social justice, and an efficiency mindset are absolute requirements.
- Inspire us through visionary leadership, accountability, and an ability to manage an organization through significant change
- Serve as a humble, fun, and passionate leader who aspires to our values of Education, Advocacy, and Spiritual Growth
- Collaborate with our founders, staff, community members, donors, and supporters, and board of directors to build a more just community that seeks liberation for all and a dismantling of the system of racism within our world and own community
- Implement, in collaboration with the Director, Donor Relations, a 3-year development (fundraising) plan that focuses on private donor development, annual, major gift and planned giving; and significant fundraising endeavors/events
- Manage a $1.5M budget with strong ethics, a growth mindset, and fiduciary accountability to the Board of Directors
- Instill and support a sense of cooperation and accountability among Program Directors and develop an intimate understanding of the various programs/services offered by each of Hope’s Program Departments
- Support the operational interconnectedness and synergy of Hope’s programs – for ensuring integration, collaboration and cross-pollination across Hope’s various initiatives to build organizational success and ultimately, a stronger community.
- Provide leadership to Hope’s Program Directors and lend support in areas of program development, program delivery, participant recruitment, staff training, quality control, volunteer recruitment/orientation, and program evaluation.
- Work collaboratively with the organization’s staff, board, community advocates, prospective supporters/advocates, leaders, and community organizations to ensure the achievement of Hope CommUnity Center’s mission through the successful implementation of our programs, development initiatives, and strategic plans.
- Support a visionary approach to organizational and resource development that will result in increased financial support for Hope’s continued mission
- In partnership with the Director of Finance and Administration, provide direction and guidance on activities related to administration, human resources, office management, and facilities asset management.
- Oversee the development of annual budgets, cash flow, creation of program budgets, financial reporting, and policies and procedures
- Passionate, committed, and visionary leader with proven experience of leading community-based organizations to greater heights
- A heart and soul that is informed by values of radical love and social justice
- Proven experience working in a non-profit organization built on values of service, education advocacy, and personal and societal transformation
- Committed to developing and supporting team members through accountability, feedback, and community building in an effort to continue building a spirit of growth and collaboration
- A genuine curiosity and inquisitive spirit that first seeks to understand
- Experience working in organizations that support low-income communities
- Prior experience in organizational behavior, participatory leadership theories, and conflict resolution
- Experience managing a comprehensive non-profit organization inclusive of programs, services, financial management, donor relations, facilities management, administration, and human resources
- Experience in development and fundraising especially through the annual campaign, major gifts and planned giving
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to articulate HCC’ story and its value in this community
- Effective networking skills and relationships in Central Florida and/or other social justice communities
- Ability to work a flexible schedule and travel locally
- Preferred Bilingual
- Passion for social, racial, gender, and worker justice, and HCC’s mission and vision
- A progressive approach to socio/political context and comfort working in a faith-based organization
- Credibility, unquestioned ethical conduct, and a capacity for discretion
- A pastoral approach towards the undocumented immigrant community
- Ability and passion to speak on behalf of the organization’s philosophy
If you are ready to serve a dedicated, compassionate and vibrant organization, please send a cover letter, inclusive of salary expectations, and resume to [email protected]
Hope CommUnity Center (HCC) is a service learning community dedicated to the empowerment of Central Florida’s immigrant and working poor communities through Education, Advocacy and Spiritual Growth. We exist to serve and cultivate self-determined communities through personal, social and communal transformation. Committed to an approach that brings people together in service and learning, the core mission of HCC is building the beloved community. Our vision is to be the premier center of hope and empowerment for Central Florida’s immigrant and working poor communities.