Are you an experienced and passionate leader that is committed to the values of service education, advocacy, and personal/societal transformation? Do you have a collaborative style of leadership that respects and seeks the consultation and participation of the people in the community? Are you a people-oriented person who enjoys “conducting an orchestra” of talented and professional individuals who work in a faith-based spirit? Have you had experience with advocating for change, community organizing, and working with popular education models? Do you have the basic management skills to help us establish systems of communication and planning, set a vision, and be accountable for the future longevity of our organization? If so, come join us at the Hope CommUnity Center in the role of Executive Director and be a part of our future!
Hope CommUnity Center, a 50-year-old faith-based organization, dedicated to meeting the needs of the underserved immigrant and low-income families and youth is seeking a like-minded Executive Director who will collaboratively continue the organization’s mission and vision. The candidate must have exemplary skills in strategic and financial planning, public relations, team building, community outreach, fundraising, and leadership. The ideal candidate can see the big picture while maintaining detailed respect for all aspects of Hope’s mission. Creativity, compassion, fearless communication, dedication to the marginalized, commitment to social justice, and an efficient mindset are absolute requirements.
- Inspire us through visionary leadership, accountability, and an ability to manage an organization through significant change
- Serve as a humble, fun, and passionate leader who aspires to our values of Education, Advocacy, and Spiritual Growth
- Collaborate with our founders, staff, community members, donors, and supporters, and board of directors to build a more just community that seeks liberation for all and a dismantling of racism and white supremacy within our world and own community
- Support the operational interconnectedness and synergy of Hope’s programs - for ensuring integration, collaboration, and cross-pollination across Hope’s various initiatives to build organizational success and ultimately, a stronger community.
- Provide leadership to Hope’s Program Directors and lend support in areas of program development, program delivery, participant recruitment, staff training, quality control, volunteer recruitment/orientation, and program evaluation.
- Instill and support a sense of cooperation and accountability among Program Directors and develop an intimate understanding of the various programs/services offered by each of Hope’s Program Departments
- Work collaboratively with the organization’s staff, board, community advocates, prospective supporters/advocates, leaders, and community organizations to ensure the achievement of Hope CommUnity Center’s mission through the successful implementation of our programs, development initiatives, and strategic plans.
- Support a visionary approach to organizational and resource development that will result in increased financial support for Hope’s continued mission
- Implement, in collaboration with the Director, Donor Relations, a 3-year development (fundraising) plan that focuses on private donor development, annual, major gift, and planned giving; and significant fundraising endeavors/events
- Manage a $1.5M budget with strong ethics, a growth mindset, and fiduciary accountability to the Board of Directors
- In partnership with the Director of Finance and Administration, provide direction and guidance on activities related to administration, human resources, office management, and facilities asset management.
- Oversee the development of annual budgets, cash flow, creation of program budgets, financial reporting, and policies and procedures