In this role, the Social Services Assistant provides essential social services to our community, with a particular focus on newly arrived immigrant families. These services encompass assistance with social program applications, addressing food insecurities, and facilitating various referral services. The Assistant's primary responsibility is to evaluate the needs of community members and offer them guidance and support accordingly.
Essential Functions and Tasks
- Engage with community members and assess their needs.
- Assists community members with preparation of forms for Medicaid, taxes, unemployment, and food stamps.
- Provide information and or refer community members to public or private agencies and community services for assistance.
- Provide resources, guidance, and support to newly arrived immigrant families.
- Track client services and utilization of Hope Community resources.
- Contact and meet with community partners to build and maintain organizational partnerships.
- Assist with addressing food insecurity by providing donations of food and by referring community members to other organizations when needed.
- Assist with the creation of a “contacts database” inclusive of partnering organizations, resources, and community services.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in social work or equivalent work experience preferred
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent organizational skills
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Good listening skills
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Desire to be a team player who works well with other staff.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge – word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Patience, resourceful, compassion, flexibility
- Ability to relate to people of different cultures and traditions
- Good decision-making skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Bilingual (English and Spanish or English and Portuguese)
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected]
Lynn Devanie, at 407-880-4673, ext 222