Service Learning Assistant
Works part-time with HCC’s Director of Service Learning in planning and coordinating HCC’s Service Learning events and Immersions with college and high school students as well as preparing members of the Host CommUnity (families, storytellers, presenters) for Service Learning experiences.
- Work with Host Family Coordinator to get to know the families. Informs the families of how the hosting process works, meeting with them before to prepare and after to evaluate Immersion experiences.
- Work with Hope’s Community Organizer to prepare story-tellers and other community leaders, including members of youth-panel, to share their knowledge and experiences with Immersion participants.
- Support in facilitation of Service Learning Immersion with other members of the Service Learning team.
- Maintain contact with Immersion Alumni and provide them with news, information, and updates.
- Participate and be knowledgeable of other events and programs, like Parenting and MOMs, at Hope from which host families can be drawn to support host family coordinator.
- Maintain and keep current database for student and family.
- Participate in Staff Development and training at Hope CommUnity Center.
- Other tasks as needed and assigned.
- Enjoys working with youth, typically high school and college age, as well as adults.
- Outgoing and dynamic personality to build relationships with community members.
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) Preferred - Good communication skills
- Ability to facilitate groups Bilingual in English and Spanish – Good communicational skills, invitational, and outgoing.
- A self-starter and independent worker, ability to prioritize.
- A commitment to building community and the ability to relate to people of different culture and traditions.
- Be welcoming & collaborative with host families, SL participants, & staff who come from different social and economic backgrounds (e.g., people from the LGBTQ community, the black community, and people from other faith traditions).
- Has transportation to go to farm, service sites, and host families.
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line, "Service Learning Assistant - Your Name"
Schedule will vary, especially during peak period from January to May. Could go up to maximum of 30 hours a week. Working 15-25 hours per week and occasional weekend availability for immersion.
March 13, 2022