USDA Farmworker GrantThe USDA Farmworker Reflief Grant is a financial aid funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture brought to the Hope CommUnity Center through a grant with the Hispanic Federation. This program provides a onetime help of $600 to any person regardless of their immigration status that worked in Agriculture and Food Production during COVID-19 and was impacted by the virus. The Hope Community Center is a safe place for farmworkers to apply for this assistance in order to cover any costs they may incur due to the pandemic.
Position Overview:Working under the supervision of the Hope CommUnity Center's Community and Youth Organizer, the USDA Farmworker Grant Coordinator will play a key role in developing an outreach strategy to connect with eligible farmworkers for fund disbursement. Their responsibilities include attending appointments, handling intake applications, and addressing queries about the program. They will be responsible for monitoring applications, ensuring a seamless application process, and achieving grant goals. Additionally, the USDA Farmworker Grant Coordinator will serve as the primary liaison between the Hope CommUnity Center, farmworkers, and the Hispanic Federation.
Primary Job Functions
- Develop a strategic outreach plan to establish and nurture relationships with local food farms, their supervisors, and employees.
- Offer guidance and implement a screening process for farmworkers seeking to apply.
- Schedule appointments and assist eligible farmworkers in completing applications.
- Cultivate and maintain strong connections with the funder, the Hispanic Federation, and other grantees, actively participating in all grant-related meetings.
- Conduct follow-ups with individual applicants and serve as a liaison to connect them with other programs and activities offered at Hope CommUnity Center or partner organizations.
- Ensure confidentiality is maintained between prospective and current applicants and other parties involved.
- Submit bi-weekly timesheets, performance progress reports, projections, and other necessary reports regarding the grant's progress.
- Keep the administration manager and grants manager at Hope informed about any grant-related matters.
- Report all questions related to applications to the assigned Program Manager from the Hispanic Federation.
- Deep passion and commitment to HCC’s mission and organizational overview.
- Compassionate approach towards farmer workers and the community.
- Bi-lingual English/Spanish.
- Proven experience using excel.
- Proficiency in executing fundamental administrative duties, including the maintenance of confidential records, tracking the progress of applications, and managing cases effectively.
- Comfortable with and Outreach role that requires ease in initiating contact and engaging in conversations with unfamiliar individuals.
- Experience with outreach and grants management preferred.
USDA Farmworker Grant The USDA Farmworker Reflief Grant is a financial aid funded by the U.S. Department of Agriculture brought to the Hope CommUnity Center through a grant with the Hispanic Federatio...View more
Position Overview:The Development Assistant provides support to the Development Department in pursuit of fundraising goals by maintaining donor data, researching grant opportunities, assisting with grant reports, and supporting donor stewardship. This role requires organization, collaboration with internal and external partners, good communication skills, and a desire to learn and grow.
Primary Job Functions
- Entering data in deposit spreadsheet & donor database.
- Running regular donation reports
- Assisting with stewardship and donor communications through the process of thank you emails/letters/receipts
- Updating, correcting, and organizing data in donor database.
- Assisting with event execution
- Coordinating Grant record keeping in donor database.
- Coordinating volunteers for envelope-stuffing events
- Researching grant opportunities
- Assisting with gathering data for grants from programs
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to prioritize.
- Active listening skills.
- Strong writing ability.
- Communicates with others effectively, in person and in writing.
- Ability to relate to people of different age, cultures, and traditions.
- Teamwork with the Development team as well as other HCC departments
- Accountability skills: asking for opinions, using feedback to improve, offering feedback to others, taking risks, and fulfilling promises.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge – word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Patience, resourceful, compassion, flexibility.
- Good decision-making skills.
- Bilingual (English and Spanish or English and Portuguese) preferred.
- Passion for social, racial, gender, worker justice and HCC’s mission and vision.
- Make everyone feel welcomed that come through the doors of Hope CommUnity Center.
- Credibility, ethical conduct and a capacity for discretion.
- Personal alignment with the values and mission of Hope CommUnity Center, including a commitment to social justice, belief in education, love of people, and vision for equality.
- Sense of responsibility and commitment to punctual, consistent attendance.
- Strong work ethics to handle confidential and sensitive documents, materials and situations. Contributes to office operations and organization success by welcoming related, different, and new requests; helping others accomplish job results.
- Problem solving attitude.
- Timely/consistency (in regard to meetings)
- Attention to details (to maintain a clear and steady workflow for the organization)
Position Overview: The Development Assistant provides support to the Development Department in pursuit of fundraising goals by maintaining donor data, researching grant opportunities, assisting with g...View more
- Full cycle accounting for organization including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Reconciliations.
- Create budgets and budget narratives for grant proposals with Director of Program Development
- Create and review budgets with Program Directors
- Create and review organizational budget with Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Create monthly financial statements for presentation to Board of Directors
- Process payroll on a biweekly basis including tax and employee investment account payments. Create and submit quarterly payroll reports and annual W2s.
- Coordinate and prepare annual audit and tax return with outside CPA firm.
- Communicate with vendors and customers on any past due bills or invoices.
- Monitor, project and report on cash flow and cash flow needs
- Be main point of contact at Park Avenue Building for building and administrative needs. Coordinate with Office Manager to fulfill building and administrative needs.
- Attend HCC events as appropriate
- Attend Hope CommUnity Center staff meetings and staff trainings
- Good communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively collaborate with team members in multiple disciplines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- English/Spanish bilingual a plus
- Well-developed organizational skills and ability to support multiple priorities
- Confidence with technology (Office 365, QuickBooks desktop)
- Have a deep passion and commitment to HCC’s mission
- Must have the ability to communicate complex financial and accounting concepts in a compelling manner to non-finance professionals.
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance or 5+ years’ experience in similar position
Hope CommUnity Center fosters diverse, empowered, learning communities engaged in personal and societal transformation. Through service and advocacy, we stand together with immigrants and others who a...View more