Hope CommUnity Center fosters diverse, empowered, learning communities engaged in personal and societal transformation. Through service and advocacy, we stand together with immigrants and others who are tenacious and courageous in the face of all systems of oppression.
We are seeking a Finance Manager to further advance our mission and ensure exceptional financial management of our non-profit (401C) organization. The Finance Manager is responsible for all aspects of accounting, budgeting, payroll, and reporting for HCC. This role works with the Executive Director in creating budgets and budget narratives for grant proposals as well as any required financial reporting. The Finance Manager also works with Program Directors to develop program budgets and with the Board of Directors to develop the overall organizational budget.
Essential Job Functions
- Full cycle accounting for organization including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll, and Reconciliations.
- Create budgets and budget narratives for grant proposals with Director of Program Development
- Create and review budgets with Program Directors
- Create and review organizational budget with Executive Director and Board of Directors
- Create monthly financial statements for presentation to Board of Directors
- Process payroll on a biweekly basis including tax and employee investment account payments. Create and submit quarterly payroll reports and annual W2s.
- Coordinate and prepare annual audit and tax return with outside CPA firm.
- Communicate with vendors and customers on any past due bills or invoices.
- Monitor, project and report on cash flow and cash flow needs
- Be main point of contact at Park Avenue Building for building and administrative needs. Coordinate with Office Manager to fulfill building and administrative needs.
- Attend HCC events as appropriate
- Attend Hope CommUnity Center staff meetings and staff trainings
- Good communication skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to effectively collaborate with team members in multiple disciplines
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- English/Spanish bilingual a plus
- Well-developed organizational skills and ability to support multiple priorities
- Confidence with technology (Office 365, QuickBooks desktop)
- Have a deep passion and commitment to HCC’s mission
- Must have the ability to communicate complex financial and accounting concepts in a compelling manner to non-finance professionals.
- Professional and friendly demeanor
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with deadlines
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in accounting or Finance or 5+ years’ experience in similar position
Other Skills/ Abilities
Good listening skills
Communicates with others effectively, in person and in writing
Collaborative and works well with a Team
Organized and dependable
Openness to multi-cultural experiences
Please email resume and cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line, “Finance Manager – Your Name”.