Job Title: Childcare Assistant
Supervisor Title: Director, Academic Support
Objective: Provide assistance with childcare
- Assist child care coordinator by working with small groups of children or individual children in the group.
- Help with crafts, free play, and snack time.
- Interest in helping to create age-appropriate lesson plans and activities for building cognitive skills and basic literacy.
- Use positive reinforcement to reward students for doing the right thing, including but not limited to: being respectful to others, follow instructions.
- Communicate any needs, concerns or suggestions to program coordinators.
- Contact program coordinators ASAP in case of absence.
Qualifications: Patience and love for children. Ability to connect and communicate respectfully and responsively with young kids aged 6 months – 5 years. Openness to working with a variety of personalities with different life situations. Ability to ask for suggestions or help when needed. Reliable transportation.
Time Commitment: 2+ hours/week. Tuesday mornings 9:30-12:00 pm. Wednesday and Thursday evenings 6:30 pm-8:30 pm.
Training and Meetings: Attend basic orientation with the Childcare Coordinator to learn about HCC childcare policies.